Friday, February 13, 2009

Revolutionary Road

Title: Revolutionary Road
Directed by: Sam Mendes
Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Kathy Bates, David Harbour, Michael Shannon
Genres: Drama, and Adaptation
Running Time: 1 hour.59 minutes
Release Date: December 26th, 2008
MPAA Rating: R

Review:
I've wanted to see this film since I first heard of it; Sam Mendes with a fantastic cast and a great story, it just had to be a great film! But when December rolled around, and 'Revolutionary Road' was finally released, I held off. I've been holding off for quite some time now. The main reason: I heard it was dark, some even say too dark. And quite frankly, I have not felt up for a depressing film with everything going on with Hubby's illness in the last 5 months. We've been keeping the entertainment light and laugh-y lately, with no need to add any fictional devastation to the mix. However, after reading rave review after rave review, praising the performance of the cast, I felt like I was missing out.
And 'Revolutionary Road' really is a great movie. Yes, it is dark, devastating, and saturated with desperation, but it truly is a great film, and definitely worth seeing. I would not have wanted to miss it. I would highly recommend this film as one of the "Must See" films of 2008. But do take heed; it is not light and laugh-y popcorn entertainment, even though it is sometimes funny.

Grade: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment