Monday, February 16, 2009

Fanboys

Title: Fanboys
Directed by: Kyle Newman
Starring: Sam Huntington, Christopher Marquette, Dan Fogler, Jay Baruchel, Kristen Bell
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Crime, Drama
Running Time: 1 hour.30 minutes
Release Date: February 6th, 2009
MPAA Rating: PG-13


Review: Two points that needs to be made up front:
  1. If you have no love for Star Wars, I doubt you will find this movie very entertaining, and you should probably skip it.
  2. Furthermore, if you did not enjoy any of the following films, then the humor in this one might not be your thing: Super Bad, Pineapple Express, Knocked Up.
I'm just letting you know, because I personally HATE bad comedies, and I realize that comedy is one of the most subjective thing in films, so, some information of the flavor of funnies in [comedy you might see] is really helpful.
Now, to the actual review:
I, who have a moderate love for Star Wars, absolutely loved this film! It is hilarious! And I loved it even more because it had my wonderful Hubby laughing out loud in the half-full theater. Jay Baruchel, a favorite from Knocked Up & Tropic Thunder, is fabulous, but so is the rest of the cast. If you saw some of the other films mentioned above, you will definitely recognize several familiar faces. And don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for the cameo by Carrie Fisher.
I would definitely say see this one, but look above for points 1, and 2, to evaluate humor-compatibility first.

Grade: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment