Friday, June 4, 2010

Get Him To The Greek

Title: Get Him To The Greek
Directed by: Nicholas Stoller
Starring: Jonah Hill, Russel Brand, Elisabeth Moss, Sean 'Diddy' Combs, Rose Byrne
Genres: Comedy
Running Time: 1 hour. 49 minutes
Release Date: June 4th, 2010
MPAA Rating: R


Review: If you saw this in a theater in my local area on opening day, and you were unfortunate enough to have The Woman with the Loudest Laugh Known to Man (me) in your theater, I do apologize, but I could not help myself; 'Get Him To The Greek' is almost too funny to see in public! I spent the entire movie either tigh-slapping-laughing, wheezing from laughter-related-oxygen-deficiency or having a cramp in both my cheeks & abs from laughing too hard for too long - all of which were extremely loud and surely obnoxious.

'Greek' is a home-run reminiscent of 'Pineapple Express' and 'The Hangover', and if you enjoyed either of those (or their equals) you will enjoy this one. The entire cast is perfect and hilarious, and Sean 'Diddy' Combs can surprisingly keep up with the rest of them. The party scene with the adrenaline shot is particularly memorable. 'The Greek' is good enough for DVD purchase - one I predict will be used quite a bit. This one will definitely make the Best of the Year list. Highly recommended to those that are comedically compatible.

Grade: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment