Friday, June 25, 2010

Grown Ups

Title: Grown Ups
Directed by: Dennis Dugan
Starring: Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, Rob Schneider, Salma Hayek, Maria Bello, Maya Rudolph
Genres: Comedy
Running Time: 1 hour. 42 minutes
Release Date: June 25th, 2010
MPAA Rating: PG-13


Review: Those who are comedically compatible with Adam Sandler may love this film. That is not me, however, and I certainly did not love 'Grown Ups'. It has some funny moments, some even hilarious, but mostly they are overshadowed by the tired Sandler-esque jokes, the mere presence of Rob Schneider, and the over-used gross-out factor. I walked into this one knowing it would not be my flavor of funny, and I was right. That doesn't mean people who are into this type of comedy won't like it.

On a side note; I was kind of delighted to recognize the lake house in this flick as the very same lake house that was used in 'Dan in Real Life'.

Grade: 4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment