Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Year One

Title: Year One
Directed by: Harold Ramis
Starring: Jack Black, Michael Cera, Oliver Platt, David Cross, Hank Azaria
Genres: Comedy
Running Time: 1 hour. 40 minutes
Release Date: June 19th, 2009
MPAA Rating: PG - 13

Review: Welcome to the review of The Worst Movie Ever Made By Mankind, also known in awards season as The Worse Movie of 2009 nominee and slam-dunk category winner. I had my suspicions going in that I would hate it, since my severe Jack Black allergy usually prevents me from enjoying any film that he has ever even touched. However, I was [desperate for some AC] hoping that maybe Michael Cera would be able to somewhat negate some of the Jack Black suck effect. And he did, to a almost insignificantly small amount, but at least there was something. I even smirked one or two times from some Michael Cera-related humor, and I was happy for those smirks, since I was afraid that 1 hour.40 minutes would be long enough to freeze the look of disgust on my face permanently. I have heard that can happen.
I would not recommend this film to anyone, in fact, it would have been a walk-out if it weren't for the AC in there, and the swealtering heat outside. Seriously.

Grade: 1 - Only because my scale does not have a negative score.

No comments:

Post a Comment