Friday, July 31, 2009

Funny People

Title: Funny People
Directed by: Judd Apatow
Starring: Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Leslie Mann, Eric Bana, Jonah Hill
Genres: Comedy, Drama
Running Time: 2 hours. 20 minutes
Release Date: July 31st, 2009
MPAA Rating: R

Review: I absolutely adore [most of the... err... who am I kidding, everyone except Adam Sandler] people involved in making this film. However, with the huge cancer theme in this film, I was not sure I would want to see it. Cancer is not something I enjoy recreationally, mostly since it plays a very dominant role in my every day life. However, I am a huge Seth Rogen fan, but the last time I saw Seth Rogen on the big screen was in the absolute turd of a movie, 'Observe & Report', which I absolutely depised. I just wanted to give him a chance to remedy that rediculous mistake. And remedy he did.
'Funny People' is just that; a collection of genuinely funny people, and the result is quite funny. The story line somewhat derails, and becomes a lot less likable, around the end, which really is too bad, but all in all, not a bad Friday morning in the movie theater.

Grade: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment