Saturday, December 26, 2009

It's Complicated

Title: It's Complicaded
Directed by: Nancy Meyers
Starring: Merryl Streep, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin, John Krasinski, Lake Bell
Genres: Comedy, Romance
Running Time: 1 hour. 58 minutes
Release Date: December 25th, 2009
MPAA Rating: R
Review: Don't ask me why I would choose to see a film like this one. I didn't. I hate Rom-Coms, and this is certainly one, although just a little bit different than the usual girl-meets-boy-suffer-set-back-over-comes-gets-married-lives-happily-ever-after fare that makes up the bulk of this genre. 'It's Complicated' is kind of funny, and I bet it would delight with the usual audience. It would be a prefect film to take my mother to, she would love it. I, however, spend most of the film admiring Ms. Streep's lovely Santa Barbara home, and wondering what she puts in her muffins in order to sell enough of them to support her enviable lifestyle. And, SPOILER ALERT, I was kind of miffed over the ending.

Grade: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment