Saturday, October 24, 2009

Whip It

Title: Whip It
Directed by: Drew Barrymore
Starring: Ellen Page, Marcia Gay Harden, Kristin Wiig, Drew Barrymore, Juliette Lewis
Genres: Comedy, Sports
Running Time: 1 hour. 51 minutes
Release Date: October 2nd, 2009
MPAA Rating: PG-13

Review: I knew this movie would be great! Unfortunately, nobody I knew agreed with me, and every time I would try to go and see it, I would get talked into seeing something else. Therefore it took me a few extra days to go see this highly entertaining flick, which also happens to be Drew Barrymore's directorial debut.

The only one who would love this movie more than I do now, is my teenaged self, who would have been absolutely obsessed, had this movie come out about 10 years ago. This is a homage to teenage girls everywhere seeking for their life's purpose, coolness, and independence. Now please excuse me while I go and look for a Roller Derby Club in my neck of the woods. I'm ready to be my own hero. Luckily I already have a suitable Derby name...

Grade: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment