Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wendy & Lucy

Title: Wendy & Lucy
Directed by: Kelly Reichardt
Starring: Michelle Williams, Will Patton, John Robinson, Will Oldham, Walter Dalton
Genres: Drama and Adaptation
Running Time: 1 hour.20 minutes
Release Date: December 10th, 2008 (limited)
MPAA Rating: R


Review: While running the risk of drowning you in movies, I'm adding another film review to this very lazy day. Wendy & Lucy have had the critics talking for quite some time now, and I've been curious to see it now for a while. Even though, I must admit, I knew nothing about it besides its rave reviews. However, I found the movie to be incredibly beige, mundane, slow, bland, depressive and dull to the point of making me drool out of boredom. The only thing that peaked my interested ever so minutely was the beautiful dog. Without giving away any part of the riveting storyline, I can tell you that there is a turn of events involving the dog that really had me on the edge of my couch cushion. And, due singlehandedly to this dog-related sub plot, I found myself taken hostage by a film that I otherwise would be too bored with to finish. I just had to see the dog part of the story to the end. However, I cannot recommend this film. Especially not on a lazy day like this; lazy day + Wendy & Lucy had me teeter toting on the verge of comatose just now, and I am lucky that I got away with my mental capacity intact.

This also means that I have watched 2 sub-par movies in the same day. Total freak occurrence.

Grade: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment